Συγγραφέας Προηγούμενο Θέμα Θέμα Επόμενο Θέμα
Page: of 3

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύτηκε - 10/11/2011 :  15:58:51  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Hi there...

I'm hoping someone can tell me what 'interval' is in greek, as far as it pertains to speed workouts.... and maybe someone could also give me a link to an article in greek of interval training.

I have a friend who has a habit of making fun of people who run fast/slow when we're on the track. I try to tell him that that is a valid training tool, but he insists that it's a sign of weakness....lol.

So I'd like to have something to show him that might change his mind. Thanks

ps... is anyone from this forum going to run in the Athens marathon?? Good luck to all!

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  16:19:28  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
interval = διαλειμματική
http://www.runningnews.gr/?id=8678&range=1
In this article is referred as "προπόνηση ταχύτητας", but it's interval training.

http://www.runningnews.gr/?id=8010&range=2
Here is referred as interval"διαλειμματική"

Ps. i'll run the ACM.
Μετάβαση στην κορυφή της σελίδας

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  16:30:12  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Thanks Giorgos, for your quick reply....this was exactly what I was looking for! Let's hope it'll open my friends eyes and stop him making fun of others who are just trying to train for a little speed.

Good luck in your marathon on Sunday! is there a particular thread that the marathon is being discussed on...? I'd like to find it and follow it. ....I still haven't found my way around the forum properly yet....lol.

I'm loving the marathon advertisements on the TV ......! :-)

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  16:44:54  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Here is the topic,
http://forum.runningnews.gr/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5737&whichpage=43
I hope that you'll fing what you're looking for. Get off the Joshua Tree.
Thanks for your wishes, hope you'll try it also one day. You really should!

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  16:55:25  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
thanks for the wishes liz...

http://marathon.yooblog.gr/

Όλα είναι σχετικά, άρα κι ανεκτά...

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  22:51:30  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Giorgos and Dimitris... I'll be thinking of you both as I watch it on TV...! Have you both run marathons before? ... what are your PR's? ... and what are your goals for Sunday? (... if you don't mind me asking! :-)

I'm really jealous, and would love to run a marathon one day. BTW.... I've decided to go for the HM in the spring in the ATGM here in Thessaloniki!

.... and I'm already worrying about it! lol!

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  23:13:16  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
It's my 9th. 5 races, 2 trainings and a bigger 50km. My pb is 3:05. Since 2008 which was my 1st.
If you can do a10km run right now, then go for the real thing. There is no HM in April. Last year there was a 5km, a10km and a Marathon.

I'd like to run another 9 marathons next year.

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 10/11/2011 :  23:38:07  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
OMG....!!!NO HM...????? I was so looking forward to training and running one..... I'm soooooo disappointed!!!! :-(

I can't run a marathon.... I don't even know if I can run a half.... I'm going to go and have a cry now.... :-(

ps. Your PR is fantastic!!.... and 9 marathons plus a 50K is tremendous!

Deorum

Greece
7283 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 11/11/2011 :  00:47:15  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Visit Deorum Προσωπική Σελίδα  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
GiorgosDelta is not a noob around here. He is one of our -if not fastest- for sure one of the guys with the most kms on his feet.

Biz, everything is doable. It's just a matter of will and effort.
Nothing better from the real thing. Everything else... is small steps towards the "real" thing.

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 11/11/2011 :  09:35:30  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
it will be my 11th time (along with 2 other 50k races)..once again my goal is to enjoy the race...i am as slow as a turtle, but the feeling of finishing in kallimarmaro cant be described in any way...hope you will feel it one day...thanks again liz..

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 12/11/2011 :  09:25:25  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by Deorum

GiorgosDelta is not a noob around here. He is one of our -if not fastest- for sure one of the guys with the most kms on his feet.

Biz, everything is doable. It's just a matter of will and effort.
Nothing better from the real thing. Everything else... is small steps towards the "real" thing.

Thanks Deorum, for pointing that out..... though I think I realised that when he mentioned 9 marathons .....and a 50K... and a 3.05 PR...!!

I'm so disappointed that there is no HM to be run in the spring.... is there a HM to be found in Thessaloniki at any time of the year? I know there is a 20K in the autumn... (but I was looking for word of it this year and couldn't find anything..... did it actually take place?)

...and thanks for your words of encouragement.... I'm actually considering a marathon now.... something I NEVER thought I'd do....lol! I was always too intimidated!!

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 12/11/2011 :  09:37:19  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by dpkouk

it will be my 11th time (along with 2 other 50k races)..once again my goal is to enjoy the race...i am as slow as a turtle, but the feeling of finishing in kallimarmaro cant be described in any way...hope you will feel it one day...thanks again liz..

11 marathons....? ....plus 2 50K's....? Wow!! That is amazing! When you say Kallimarmaro...are you talking about the Athens marathon? I'll be looking on the marathon thread for everyone's posts of their marathon experiences this year. I look forward to hearing how you did!!

I checked out your blog.... and I love the playlist composed especially for this marathon... it is so well thought out....a great piece of work! Congratulations! (I loved the Rouvas idea ..Tora arxizoun ta duskola...lol!) ... and I've 'stolen' some of your songs for my running playlists!

Edited by - bizzilizzie on 12/11/2011 09:54:25

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 12/11/2011 :  09:52:40  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Deorum:

I checked out the link to your personal site with your photographs.... and I was totally blown away....! Your photographs are stunning!! Since you have them here for public viewing, I'm sure you won't mind if I send a link to my nephew, who is also a photographer.... well, an amateur photographer, but very talented.

...and here is a link to his work, if you have the time to take a look...http://www.flickr.com/photos/karamanis

....hope the link works!

ps... you went to Scotland!! :-)

Edited by - bizzilizzie on 12/11/2011 09:55:11

Deorum

Greece
7283 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 12/11/2011 :  10:38:34  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Visit Deorum Προσωπική Σελίδα  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Dont think that , me for example, that aim to finish my first marathon was exercising since i was a child, or that everybody here has an athletic backround.

I never did think about running a marathon, i would laugh even at the though of it.
But when i started running (2-3-5kms) at the begging it started to grow on me. "How would it be if I could one day run 42k?" Progressively my distance got bigger, my times better and I started to think... why not!

(Kallimarmaro)exact translation=nice/beautiful marble. It's the Panathenaic Stadium, where the race finishes, and its a 2500y.o. stadium. Where all started!

Your nephews photos are very very very good!
Thanks for the kind words, you're exaggerating a bit but I will take it!

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 12/11/2011 :  19:53:43  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
thanks liz..11 on the whole by the way...

the playlist is for common use

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 14/11/2011 :  12:56:24  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Deorum:"..I never did think about running a marathon, i would laugh even at the though of it.."

LOL! That's good to know! Thank you for your great motivation!!

I'm actually seriously thinking of doing a marathon now! I still don't believe I can actually do it.... but I won't know for sure until I try.

I've currently got a knee injury....not serious, just that it starts to hurt if I run over 5 miles... so I can't increase mileage for now.... so the April 2012 marathon is out... but I've got my eye on the 2013....!!

Page: of 3 Προηγούμενο Θέμα Θέμα Επόμενο Θέμα  
Επόμενη σελίδα
 Νέο Θέμα  Απάντηση στο θέμα
 Εκτυπώσιμη μορφή
Μετάβαση σε:
RunningNews.gr Forum © RunningNews.gr Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000