Previous Page | Next Page
Συγγραφέας Προηγούμενο Θέμα Θέμα Επόμενο Θέμα
Page: of 3

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 14/11/2011 :  18:18:32  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
The cut-off time for ACM is 8 hours and for the ATGM is 6,5 hours. As for the knee injury, do you make any extention exercises for you muscles before and after running. How about the warming up and recovery procedure;
Μετάβαση στην κορυφή της σελίδας

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 14/11/2011 :  18:34:40  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
step by step and you will finish a marathon liz...

http://marathon.yooblog.gr/

Όλα είναι σχετικά, άρα κι ανεκτά...

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  11:24:14  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by giorgosdelta

The cut-off time for ACM is 8 hours and for the ATGM is 6,5 hours. As for the knee injury, do you make any extention exercises for you muscles before and after running. How about the warming up and recovery procedure;

Thanks for the info on the cut off times. Why the big difference? Is it because the ATGM is an easier route?

Re. my knee injury.... I stretch after each run, but not before I run...I read somewhere that stretching before a run reduces performance...lol!

For warming up and cooling down, I walk for 5 minutes before starting to run and again for 5 mins before I stop.

Generally, I seem to have a problem with increasing distance.... I've been injured twice -once with a thigh injury and now with a knee injury - and both times were when I had reached a 10 mile long run (22 miles per week). This is what has me thinking I might never be able to run a marathon..... how do I get past 10 miles?? lol! (I always follow the 10% rule....in fact I follow the 5% rule!! lol!)

Maybe my age has something to do with it..... I'm 51.. ... I wish I'd learned to love running when I was young!! lol!

... are there any older runners on this forum??

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  11:26:53  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by dpkouk

step by step and you will finish a marathon liz...

Thanks dpkouk! I certainly hope so! I've been so jealous reading all these great race reports...it seems that everyone on the forum ran this marathon!

If I ran a marathon, it'd have to be the Thessaloniki marathon...and I think it's easier too, so that would be fine!

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  12:29:29  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
both spring marathon in Greece are easier than the athens' one...so,its up to you which you will run..

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  12:42:59  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by bizzilizzie

quote:

Thanks for the info on the cut off times. Why the big difference? Is it because the ATGM is an easier route?

Re. my knee injury.... I stretch after each run, but not before I run...I read somewhere that stretching before a run reduces performance...lol!

For warming up and cooling down, I walk for 5 minutes before starting to run and again for 5 mins before I stop.

Generally, I seem to have a problem with increasing distance.... I've been injured twice -once with a thigh injury and now with a knee injury - and both times were when I had reached a 10 mile long run (22 miles per week). This is what has me thinking I might never be able to run a marathon..... how do I get past 10 miles?? lol! (I always follow the 10% rule....in fact I follow the 5% rule!! lol!)

Maybe my age has something to do with it..... I'm 51.. ... I wish I'd learned to love running when I was young!! lol!

... are there any older runners on this forum??

I believe that the ACM gives you the opportunity to walk it, if you don't want to run it.

I feel that the running procedure isn't just running.
I start the whole thing by massaging me leg muscles, knees and sole mostly. If i have time i try to massage the whole body. For 5 to minutes at least. I do this on my own with olive oil.
After i do the streching. Static stretches for 40 sec each leg. 3 different streching exercises for the legs and 3 for the arms and shoulders. After i walk for 2 minutes and start running.
For 5 minutes at least i warm up with slow relative running. After is the main running. 5 to 3 minutes before i stop i do the slow recovery running.
After that is 5 minutes walking. And some less streching exercises.
About the streching exercises i give great attention not to pain but just stretch as long as i feel good.
It is the all the other things i do that helps me run the day after!

As for myself i'm 39. I started running at 33+. I also wish i had learned it earlier in my life.
And i started it, just because i was searching for a way to quit smoking and loose some weight.

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  16:09:26  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
@ Giorgosdelta:"I feel that the running procedure isn't just running.
I start the whole thing by massaging me leg muscles, knees and sole mostly. If i have time i try to massage the whole body. For 5 to minutes at least. I do this on my own with olive oil."

I think this is a great idea.... thanks! I will do this before a run... even if I only have time for the areas of my legs that give me trouble.

I've read that static stretches before a run are not the best choice... and that it's better to do dynamic stretches.... have you tried it this way? Here is a link to a 'Runner's World' article with good dynamic stretches.

.... I don't do them, though...lol.... because I usually don't have time.... maybe I should!

Here is the article:http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-287--13442-0,00.html

Ps. Did you stop smoking... and lose weight?

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  16:13:14  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Can I ask what all the stars mean below everyone's name? Are these stars earned by running in races?

@dpkouk.... what does 'ellanodikis' mean..? :-)

giorgosdelta
Master Forum-Runner

Greece

4808 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  16:25:11  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Of course i did it. Here is a good topic about before and after. Just don't drink anything while reading.
http://www.runningnews.gr/SnitzForum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5600&whichpage=1
The stars have to do with the publications you have in this forum. The more publications, the more stars!

With the static streches, i can control exactly the pressure i want in my muscles. Just enough to feel good!

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  17:09:24  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
liz we are stars...thats why...

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  23:33:37  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:

Of course i did it. Here is a good topic about before and after. Just don't drink anything while reading.
http://www.runningnews.gr/SnitzForum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5600&whichpage=1
The stars have to do with the publications you have in this forum. The more publications, the more stars!

With the static streches, i can control exactly the pressure i want in my muscles. Just enough to feel good!

LOL!! Thanks for directing me to that thread....it was hilarious!!

You are really cute in your before pic....

...and a lean, mean, running machine in your after pic!!....

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 15/11/2011 :  23:38:09  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by dpkouk

liz we are stars...thats why...

LOL!!.... I want to be a star,too!! How many posts do I have to make to get a star??

....and what does ellanodikis mean?

bizzilizzie
Senior Forum-Runner

Greece

691 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 16/11/2011 :  12:11:29  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
Help! I seem to be having a problem.... I have tried to access my forum profile to add an avatar, but it isn't allowing me access... it keeps saying the codes don't match... but I know they do.... I always use the same one for everything! lol!..... so I definitely haven't forgotten it!

What should I do??

PanKok
Running Bee

Greece

209 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 16/11/2011 :  12:24:36  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
quote:
Originally posted by bizzilizzie

....and what does ellanodikis mean?

ellanodikis : umpire

ελλανοδίκης = ο καθένας από τους άρχοντες που ορίζονταν να επιβλέπουν τους Ολυμπιακούς Αγώνες, να κρίνουν τους αγωνιζόμενους, να αναγορεύουν τους νικητές

dpkouk
ellanodikis

Greece

11938 Δημοσιεύσεις

Δημοσιεύθηκε - 16/11/2011 :  12:42:13  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Απάντηση σε αποστρόφους
thanks pankok

I used to be the referee in many long lasting fights in the forum that always ended like in Asterix...with a wassail

i think that after 50 posts you ll get your first star...as for the codes,in case you wont find a solution,contact the webmaster...

Page: of 3 Προηγούμενο Θέμα Θέμα Επόμενο Θέμα  
Προηγούμενη σελίδα | Επόμενη σελίδα
 Νέο Θέμα  Απάντηση στο θέμα
 Εκτυπώσιμη μορφή
Μετάβαση σε:
RunningNews.gr Forum © RunningNews.gr Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000